(7 day course)
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) validates the ability to plan, implement, verify and troubleshoot local and wide-area enterprise networks and work collaboratively with specialists on advanced security, voice, wireless and video solutions. The CCNP certification is recommended for those with at least one year of networking experience. Achieving CCNP demonstrates the skills required in enterprise roles such as network technician, support engineer, systems engineer or network engineer.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Plan and document the configuration and verification of routing protocols and their optimization in enterprise networks.
- Identify the technologies, components, and metrics of EIGRP used to implement and verify EIGRP routing in diverse, large-scale internetworks based on requirements.
- Identify, analyze, and match OSPF multi-area routing functions and benefits for routing efficiencies in network operations in order to implement and verify OSPF routing in a complex enterprise network.
- Implement and verify a redistribution solution in a multi-protocol network that uses Cisco IOS features to control path selection and provides a loop-free topology according to a given network design and requirements.
- Evaluate common network performance issues and identify the tools needed to provide Layer 3 path control that uses Cisco IOS features to control the path
- Implement and verify a Layer 3 solution using BGP to connect an enterprise network to a service provider.
- Cisco Routing and Switching Certifications Overview (PDF – 526 KB)
- CCNP Video Data Sheet (Video – 3:03 min)